Sunday 23 December 2012

Getting the laser bug.

While I've been painting the jigsaw I had other ideas about using the bee and flower design further. And having got a little braver with the laser cutter I wanted to try out something else. I liked the idea of making a box using just one flower and one bee, possibly using the bee as a clasp. I played with the notion of making the insect drop into a space in the lid, or using a magnet and securing the bee only on one side. For the moment it is this one design that won out.


First attempt. The rings are to be stuck together to form the
box. 

Spot the mistake! I altered the size while adjusting something
else on the laser computer and took no note of it. It was
easier to go back to the laptop.

The shapes match up perfectly but I rather like them
off kilter.

Second attempt. Smaller and all fitting, plus the lid is hinged
thanks to Steve.

What it will, sort of, look like when finished.